Rich in natural beauty, Woodridge is situated on the high ground overlooking the DuPage River and populated by heavy stands of oaks and maples. The first residents of this area were the Potawatomi Indians; however, by the early 1800s, the Indians left the area with the large influx of settlers. These first settlers were farmers named Goodrich, Greene, Kohley, and Nadelhoffer, who purchased land at $1.25 an acre. The village derives its name from the heavy stand of timber, which overlooks the East Branch of the DuPage River.
Woodridge was incorporated as a Village on August 24, 1959, with a population of about 459 residents. Leon Werch, the first Mayor, lived to see his dreams for this village come true. Mr. Al Kaufman developed the first homes south of 75th Street and the village grew as annexations in both 1963 and 1970 drew the Winston Muss Corporation to develop four Winston Hills Units. The first elementary school still exists as the core of the Goodrich School. A dirt road connected Winston Hills to 75th Street until a major expansion occurred in 1972 when numerous farms along 71st Street were annexed and developed as Woodridge Library, Post office, Government Building.
COMMUTER TRAIN SCHEDULE:
WHEN YOU ARE MOVING, DONT FORGET TO CONTACT....
2018 TRANSFER TAX: $2.50/1,000
PLACE OF PURCHASE: VILLAGE HALL
PARTY LIABLE: SELLER
NOTICE: Many homes contain recording devices, and buyers should be aware they may be recorded during a showing.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICE